The Cranial Mishaps of G-Fry

Friday, December 23, 2005

Happiness and a Paycheck

I can't imagine doing something I hate for a living. I mean, doing a job that I don't particularly enjoy for a summer or winter break isn't that bad. I know it's going to end. I know that if I just make it through a bit longer, I'll have a paycheck, and I'll be done with it. But if I knew that every day, I had to walk into an office where I hated the people, was bored with the work, and wanted to kill my boss, there would come a point where I would calmly get up from my desk, kick my computer screen, walk out of the building and catch the next flight to Barcelona.

How do people get through their lives doing something they hate every day? Even more importantly...why do people do that? There has to be something in life that you enjoy doing, and there just simply has to be a way to make money from it. Right?

Let's do an experiment. If you hate your job, put something in the comments that you enjoy doing. Then, everyone else will try to make up a job for you. It'll be like career day back in high school, except without a hot cheerleader sitting behind you.

Unless, of course, that's something you just keep handy.
G-Fry

3 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like my job (I'm a newspaper reporter). In fact, I like it most on days when I'm incredibly busy. Like any human endeavor, it's filled with minor annoyances that will burn a hole in your stomach if you let them. But on the whole, it's mostly fun, and occasionally important. I also produce something (copy), which I find rewarding.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger G-Fry said...

Uncle Don, you totally ruined the game.

Fun killer.

 
At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can see how I totally derailed that thread...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home